Contest entries
Blenny Mandarin  Plataforma Tiburon
By Alejandro Topete
posted 23:04 CST Today (within the last hour)
Blue Moon ... Moon Jellyfish   Aurelia aurita. Poor Knights  New Zealand. G10 iso100 f4 1/100
By Stefan Follows
posted 20:51 CST Today (3 hours ago)
Arrow crab....Soft Sponge. It just has a little mood to it.
By Chris Miskavitch
posted 20:47 CST Today (3 hours ago)
Humuhumunukunukuapua a close up
By Alison Ranheim
posted 20:39 CST Today (3 hours ago)
Pygmy seahorse  Seraya  Indonesia
By Benita Vincent
posted 18:18 CST Today (5 hours ago)
Bonaire sky
By Steven Miller
posted 17:20 CST Today (6 hours ago)

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestSatil Wreck
Israel, Red Sea
dive sites latestBlue Springs, Ora...
United States
dive sites latestDivespot BLACK RO...
Indonesia, Celebes Sea
dive sites latestTamar artificial ...
Israel, Red Sea
dive sites latestis.Pennata
Italy, Tyrrhenian Sea
dive sites latestPulau Bentenan
Indonesia, Celebes Sea
dive sites latestPiIllar Coral reef
United States, Atlantic (North American coastal)
dive sites latestWarrorah Station
Australia
dive sites latestMarsa Alam, Red Sea
Egypt, Red Sea
dive sites latestLangkawi Island
Malaysia, Andaman Sea

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
Underwater Photo Contest Entry

Taken by: Bernard Maglana

Babusanta, Talikud Island, Davao City...
Babusanta, Talikud Island, Davao City... by Bernard Maglana
VOTES: 13
VOTE!

forum thread for this image
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009- (5/25/2009 1:11:00 AM)
Category: Macro - Close-Up
Question this message is importantGreat job on this pic Bernard ...I'm interested in diving Davao city but had reservations about traveling there. I enjoy Philippines and diving Anilao, PG, Bohol, Dumaguette and would like to return next year for other dive sites. Can you recommend dive center and hotel .. I have a non-diving wife who enjoys the beach or a pool.

Larry

Larry
10318 point member
Larry member image

message Tnxs Larry. You had been to some great and more popular dive sites in the Philippines but its very nice to hear that your interested to explore further since philippines has indeed still a lot to offer! Davao would be a great place to start because of its more develop diving industry and safety - its very safe here contrary to usual impression. You can ask Jeff since he had visited the place several times. Diving is great, specially macro. Culture is great and people are very hospitable. We can also visit the nearby Gensan for some world class wall diving. You start checking Marco Polo Davao, Pearl farm Resort, Waterfront Hotel. I will be glad to be your host in the event you decide to come. You can also check Malapascua in Cebu, they also offer great diving. If you want more adventure try checking Sogod Bay Diving in Leyte, its very safe but a little bit lack of infrastructure, but certainly not the diving!Keep in touch! Hope to se you soon, maybe learn more tricks to improve my craf

Samal Spotter
6403 point member
Samal Spotter member image

message The go to person at Davao is Carlos Munda. He is a technical diving instructor and a top u/w photographer who knows all the secret dive sites of Davao.

c_munda @ yahoo.com

It only takes several minutes to get from the Airport to the Pier. Speedboats are also available from Wind and Wave Dive Center.

2 options are available:

1. Stay at the Marco Polo - land base diving - dive all day and at night enjoy the night life Davao has to offer.

2. Stay at Pearl Farm - extremely expensive -

Jeff Chua De Guzman
member image

Answer Thxs Jeff...not sure what went wrong on our last communication, I have dropped off Facebook, you can reach me by my email address.

Larry

Larry
10318 point member
Larry member image

message Larry

Just contact Carlos Munda via email - he is helpful and very knowledgeable. He knows where to find 5 species of Frogfish at one dive site.

Davao also has a huge international airport - the city is very safe - it was named one of the safest cities in Asia before. The major has a reputation of kill all the criminals.

The food is also fantastic and very cheap.

If Carlos offers you to drink Durian coffee - RUN AWAY!!!

Patty can enjoy being pampered at the Marco Polo Hotel at Davao City while you go off diving.

Carlos is perhaps the best dive guide in Davao. He is very wealthy but enjoys diving and showing people around.

Jeff Chua De Guzman
member image

message thxs Jeff...I'll contact Carlos when we look into 2010 dive plans...heard from Mike Bartick today, sounds like his Anilao trip was fantastic, a couple juvy rhinos deep at a new dive site

Larry
10318 point member
Larry member image